South Union Christian Church is searching for an Associate Pastor of Students and Discipleship.
Here’s a little about us: We are situated in Bloomington, Indiana, the home of the Indiana University Hoosiers. Our church resides just outside of the city which offers us a wide range of activities for families and large population to influence for the kingdom with our access to the urban and rural areas. We are a church with an average attendance 275 people with 5 full time staff members that make up our staff team. We are an elder led church that desires to see people come to know Jesus.
Our current student minister will be taking a new position in the spring of 2024 and has worked hard for the past 5 years to create a relational ministry culture with our students. Additionally, over the past 3 years our church has seen an increase of participation in small groups and life groups. Our thought of doing life together and the spiritual growth that happens through that has taken off in a good direction. This unique role will allow for a person to do Student Ministry but also allow them to have influence in the bigger picture of the life of our church, something that rarely happens for most student ministry positions.
As the Associate Pastor of Students and Discipleship at South Union Christian Church, you’ll have the support not only a staff team that truly feels like family, especially the Sr. Pastor that values Student Ministry and the role that discipleship plays in the church. It’s our desire for you step into your role confidently and hit the ground running in this new position.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM:
- Education and/or experience that have prepared you for this role.
- Commitment to our mission, vision, and values.
- Agreement with our doctrinal statements
- You lead others to follow Jesus out of an overflow of your own growing relationship with Jesus.
- You’re passionate about reaching students with the good news of Jesus.
- You’re excited about the idea of building not only the student ministry but contributing to the growth of the church overall.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead the charge of evangelism, discipleship, and ministry for grades 7-12.
- Recruit, train, and empower volunteers to do student ministry.
- Develop small group culture and systems that foster growth spiritually and numerically.
- Find balance of office hours and time spent in the community with students.
- Collaborate with our entire church staff on strategic, kingdom-minded -wide initiatives to amplify our impact in the city and reach more people for Jesus.
- Meet regularly with the Sr. Pastor to pursue ongoing spiritual and professional growth opportunities.
- Organize and structure adult small groups and life groups.
- Recruit, train, and equip small group leaders.
- Serve on Sunday morning teaching team for adult worship.
- Perform other pastoral duties as required (funerals, weddings, etc.)
We do our best to take good care of our people. The salary for this role will align with the education and/or experience of the person who fills this role.
To apply for this job, send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org