flashback friday (sep. 24): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the interesting posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- Thoughts on Choosing Curriculum For Your Youth Group
- Fun Ice-Breakers For Your Youth Group
- Learning The Landscape Of Your Youth Ministry
- How To Be A Listening Adult For Your Students
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- whyismarko.com--Marko reposts a letter by Scott Linscott that just blew me away. It's a letter written to parents from a parent's perspective. If you read one thing on this blog today, read this.
- ymjen.com--Jen Brabdury takes a different approach on the letter to parents, writing from a youth worker's perspective.
- Youth Ministry.com--Doug Fields and Matt McGill did a series this week in the Youthministry.com Daily called A Leader in Crisis. This was my favorite one: A Leader In Crisis: I Need To Confront. The whole series is great.
- Fuller Youth Institute--Brad Griffin at FYI writes a great post asking if you are creating memories with your students.
- Volunteer Youth Ministry--Dennis Beckner writes a really informative post about how your volunteers can start out strong this school year.
- Welcome Backstage.com--Noah Watt writes a great post reminding us that our students are indeed watching us and our characters.
- More Than Dodgeball.com--Great idea (and a good story) from Josh Griffin about creating some traditions within your youth ministry team.
- Radical Parenting.com--I link to Radical Parenting occasionally. It's not a youth ministry blog, but it provides great insight into dealing with teenagers. This is an article on the difference between bullying and teasing.
- Youth Worker.com--Paul Asay gives a great youth culture update looking at the rise in drug use among teens, and Facebook's affect on grades, among other things.
- The Disciple Project.net--Paul Turner writes a challenging and thought provoking post about making sure we are bringing variety into our youth ministry.
- More Than This World.com--Chris Harkins writes a short post (the best kind!) about what a change in your youth group environment might do for building community.
- Shaver's Razor.com--Aaron Shaver provides a good challenge for youth workers regarding the kinds of messages they are teaching to their students.
- Small Church Youth Ministry.com--A nice reminder from Stephanie about knowing where your students are.
- Think Next Now.com--This is a great, real-life snapshot of a student who "gets it." Mark Cox writes a brief profile about one of his students and her success at growing an amazing at-school Christian club.
- Thoughts From A Youth Pastor.com--Rick Barry gives a great report from See You At The Pole. Good insights, here.
That will do it, folks. As always, have a great weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.