Flashback Friday (Sep 23): This Week's Links From The Youth Ministry Blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- Youth Ministry Essentials: Creating Openness In Your Small Group
- Youth Worker BOOST: Hello Neighbor
- Making Relational Investments Count
- Obstacles To Faith Development In Your Students
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Adam Reed--I am cursed with long-windedness. Adam is not. Here is a short but punchy post that brings up a great point: "You should be paying your volunteers." Ah, but not how you think . . .
- Chris Wesley--This post from Chris really resonated with me. Another short and sweet post, Chris asks "Who's Holding You Accountable?" Chris brings a perspective to this I wasn't expecting. Nice touch.
- Doug Fields--Here's a guest post on Doug's blog by Greg Farah entitled "3 Little Things That Make A Big Difference."
- Doug Franklin--Here's an awesome post on Leader Trek's four step formula to how they use experiences to develop student leaders.
- Fuller Youth Ministry--Here is the video of the live webcast Fuller had to launch their new book/initiative "Sticky Faith." It's too cool to cover in detail here, so check out the video.
- Jay Higham--Love this post from Jay, "Youth Worker Thought For The Day: Delegate, Delegate. Delegate."
- Paul Martin--Paul's post here entitled "The Placebo Youth Ministry" got my attention and made me think, which is pretty much what happens whenever I iterate with Paul! I love his thoughts here. I hope they will spark some reflection in you as well.
- Paul Sheneman--I loved this post from Paul. Great job of pulling some really solid tips from a little slice of pop-culture, in this case, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg's speech: "How Not To Talk To Teens, By Mark Zuckerberg."
- Russel St. Bernard--Love this post by Russ: "4 Things I Hope All Youth Pastors Know About The Senior Pastor's Role."
- Walt Mueller--This is a great, great post from Walt. It is a really simple post about why video games are so intriguing to teenagers. It strikes me as the type of post that for many of us youth workers, Walt's reasoning here is probably common knowledge. But, it is the PERFECT post to send your parents or maybe even adult volunteers on your team who because of age or social context, might not "get" the whole video game obsession.
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.