One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- Dealing With Disappointment Before It Paralyzes You
- Youth Worker BOOST: Rental Faith
- How To Bring Good Out Of Your Mistakes
- ym360 Trends and Culture Update (Sep 12)
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Brian Kirk--Brian owns me on this post. He's dead on! "Back to school: Are we planning for ministry or programs? Pt. 1"
- Doug Fields--Doug and the gang are back in the podcast business! The Youth Ministry Garage officially launched yesterday. We are totally pumped to be one of the sponsors. It doesn't get much better for youth workers than Doug, Matt, Josh, and Katie doing there thing. Glad to have these guys back.
- Doug Franklin--This post is so awesome. Doug provides a simple test to give a "heart check" before you go into a meeting with leaders or students. Super stuff here.
- Fuller Youth Institute--This is a repost of an article by Meredith Miller. I thought this was a GREAT post for youth workers entitled: "One Time Service Events: Five Considerations." Super practical stuff here.
- Josh Griffin--This is an awesome list from Josh: "The 4 key values of our student ministry."
- Kolby Milton--Kolby passes along an awesome app to keep you organized. Love these types of tips. Check this out for sure.
- Phil Bell--Leneita Fix writes a great guest post on Phil's blog entitled "Parent Meeting for Unchurched Parents?" Great stuff here.
- Rachel Blom--I love this post from Rachel asking a great question: "Do you want to be liked or followed?"
- Terrace Crawford--This is a great post from Terrace. Transparent. Honest. And something I think most youth workers can relate to: "Why you shouldn't try to start a movement."
- Youthministry.com--Kurt and Josh write a great post here. So true! "Youth ministry is a calling of extremes."
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.
Share your thoughts with the youthministry360 community:
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.