One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- ym360 Trends and Culture Update (June 2)
- Youth Worker BOOST: Working Out For Good
- Youth Ministry Essentials: The Power Of Eye Contact
- Youth Ministry Essentials: Leading An Awesome Discussion
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Brian Aaby--Love this blog post! Simple, informative, straightforward: "5$ and 50 minute Activites for the Summer."
- Doug Franklin--Thought provoking post by Doug: "What disqualifies us from youth ministry?"
- Doug Fields--Check out this post by Doug Fields. Doug passes along an account of how he addressed the topic of porn with his students, and what he has done to help bring their struggles to light.
- Greg Stier--I like this post from Greg. It's catchy and clever, but pretty solid! It's entitled "We Are God's App." You'll have to check it out to see his twist.
- Jesus And Teenagers--Benjer writes a GREAT post here. He's passing along a leadership tip from his senior pastor, but it struck me the same way it did Benjer: It's extremely valuable! Check out the post for the piece of advice.
- Lars Rood--Lars is one of my favorite bloggers, so much so that I busted his chops a little about not fleshing out this awesome series he said he was going to start. Well, he started it, and you need to check it out. Here's a link to his second post in the series entitled, "Youth Ministry Falsehoods," about the falsehood that you must be young to be in youth ministry.
- Life in Student Ministry--"So let me get this straight: this is a 'links' post and you're including a link to another 'links' post?" Yes. Yes I am.
- Marathon Youth Ministry--This is a VERY important post from Chris Wesley: "Signs That Your Jokes Have Gone Too Far." Important reminder for all youth workers.
- The Overflow--As a recovering over-committer, I love this post from Brian about the importance of saying no to "good" stuff. Brian gives a great and short list of filters to help you make the decision.
- Youth Leaders Academy--Great post by Rachel. Super practical and right on target: "10 Ways To Encourage."
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.
Share your thoughts with the youthministry360 community:
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.