One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the interesting posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- A Guideline For Improving Your Students' Cultural Discernment
- The Power of One: Seeing the Value in Individuals
- Youth Workers Sound Off: What Role Do You Play In Your Students' Lives?
- Youth Ministry Essentials: Dealing With Sin In Students' Lives
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Adventures In Missions.com—The guys at AIM link to a Barna study that shows how short term mission trips make an impact on at-risk youth.
- Girls Ministry.com—ym360 contributor Amy Jo Girardier writes a great post on how to partner with parents on mentoring girls. But, her advice works for girls or guys.
- Youth Ministry Conversations—Bill Nance writes a great post on the emotions of preparing a talk.
- Jesus & Teenagers.com—Love this post. Benjer, who is a great youth ministry thinker, writes a post about the 5 things he's "still completely clueless about."
- Youth Ministry.com—Love this series from Doug and Matt: "Building Deeper Connections With Your Small Group." This is the third part, but you can access parts 1 and 2.
- Jay Higham.com—Great post by ym360 Contributor Jay Higham about how youth ministry is NOT a stepping stone to "bigger and better" things.
- Welcome Backstage.com—This is the second post in a series by Noah Watt on the "5 C's of Sustainable Youth Ministry." Great series. Looking forward to the rest of them.
- Doug Fields.com—Some really cool insights on what it feels like being a visitor from Doug's perspective.
- The Resurgence.com—Not a youth ministry blog, at all. But this post is a GREAT one entitled, "The First Obstacle In Working With Youth Is You."
- Small Town Youth Ministry.com—Ben Read writes a short post about looking for daily wins and losses in youth ministry.
- Simply Junior High.com—Kurt Johnston writes a short and insightful explanation of why middle schoolers behave the way they do.
- Radical Parenting.com—This is a great article on the science behind the teenage brain. Useful info.
- My Student Ministry Deadpan.com—Great tips on how to communicate to your students and parents. Simple and straightforward.
- At The Garage.com—I liked this post from John Alexander on collaboration and decision making. Good stuff.
That will do it, folks. As always, have a great weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.