flashback friday (feb. 11): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the interesting posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- Youth Ministry Essentials: Leading An Awesome Discussion
- FREE E-BOOK! Doug Franklin's "The Student Mission Trip Greenhouse"
- Planting Seeds of Leadership In Your Students
- To Move Or To Wait?: Following God's Plan
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Seth Godin's Blog--Seth Godin brings the shortest but maybe the most important message you'll hear today. If we all took these 10 words to heart, we'd be WAY more effective in our ministries.
- At The Garage.com--John Alexander writes a very thoughtful post on restlessness in youth ministry. Definitely worth a read. John's is becoming one of my favorite youth ministry blogs.
- Doug Franklin Online.com--Doug features a guest-post that knocked my socks off. Phil Bell writes a GREAT post about what matters most in our youth ministries and what the long-term goals are for our students. I would encourage you to take a moment and read this.
- REyouthpastor.com--The title of (ym360 contributor) Jeremy Zach's latest post says it all: "Youth Pastor Deliverance: How To Do More In Youth Ministry In Less Time." Good read.
- Doug Fields.com--This is the fourth in a series of posts on Student Leadership. If you are actively involved in developing student leaders, read this post and link to the others. They are excellent.
- Holy Soup.com--Thom Schultz is the founder of Group Publishing, and an all around great guy. His blog is not youth ministry related, but I love reading it. This article on why we avoid evaluation in our ministries is an awesome read. Short and insightful.
- Youth Ministry Conversations--Love this post by Bill Nance. "Best iPhone Apps for Youth Ministry."
- Jay Higham.com--A really timely word from ym360 Contributor Jay Higham on discernment in the face of shows like MTV's "Skins."
- Marathon Youth Ministry--ym360 Contributor Chris Wesley writes a great post about being jealous of "the other guys." Love Chris' advice here.
- Rethinking Youth Ministry.com--The fourth in a series by the guys at Rethink on "what we need to know about teen suicide." Valuable stuff in this series. If you haven't already, read the whole series.
- Youth Specialties.com--Shawn Michael Shoup writes an informative post on how to use the new Facebook Groups to your youth ministry advantage.
- Youth Ministry.com--The good folks over at Simply Youth Ministry are giving out free valentines day backgrounds for your PowerPoint, KeyNote, ProPresenter, etc . . .
- The Overflow.com--Brian Berry writes a great post entitled, "Nothing Trumps The One-on-One Conversation." Great reminder.
That will do it, folks. As always, have a great weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.