flashback friday (aug 19): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- Equipping Youth Workers To Lead Students Closer to Christ
- 5 Tips For Starting The School Year Right
- Youth Worker BOOST: Lonely
- Youth Ministry Essentials: Connecting with Unchurched Parents
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Benjer McVeigh--Benjer flat-out nails it here. I love his perspective, as always. Very solid advice from a solid guy: "The Four Priorities Of Youth Ministry."
- Bill Nance--Bill passes along an incredible tip for a virtually endless supply of youth ministry games. Nice job, Bill!
- Josh Griffin--Whoa! This post from Josh will get your attention. It SHOULD get your attention. Check out the survey results of how many youth workers are having a consistent, daily time reading their Bibles.
- Matt McGill--Very timely post by Matt entitled: "Make Summer Camp Spiritual Commitments Stick."
- Phil Bell--Another awesome tip for Youth Workers, this one from our buddy Phil. "My New Favorite Youth Ministry App" passes along a great idea. Good thinking, Phil!
- Russell St. Bernard--Rev Russ writes a great post entitled "Four Reasons Why Youth Ministry Is Not A Stepping Stone." Great stuff here from Russ.
- Terrace Crawford--Love this post from Terrace: "5 Reasons You Are Not Encouraged by Your Leadership."
- Lars Rood--This post is about Lars' new book (the post, not the book). It's fittingly titled "Buy This For Your Youth Pastor." I skimmed through this book yesterday, and it is really, really good. You do, indeed, need to go buy it. (Or you could hold off until next week for our Back To School Super Awesome Giveaway . . . Seriously. Stay tuned.)
- Mark Riddle--This is the third part in a three part series on "Life In Student Ministry" entitled "Barriers To A Healthy Youth Ministry." Great thoughts here by Mark.
- Youth Ministry Daily--Kurt and Josh write a great post: "Kicking off the Fall Right." Good thoughts that come from a lot of experience.
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.