God Is Not: Who God Is & Who God Isn't
Our students carry around burdens with them. And for some of them, this burden is God. Maybe they wonder if God is ashamed of them. Or whether He cares about their lives. The burdens they feel from questions like these may make them feel like God is weighing them down. But God is not.
In God Is Not: Who God Is & Who God Isn't, you’ll help students question their ideas and assumptions about God so that they can let go of any burdensome concepts of God that may weigh them down, so they can see God as He is. When we finally choose to honestly face tough questions about God, we discover that God is not burdensome. His yoke is easy, and His burden is light. We find out that, thankfully, there are many things that God is not.
"God Is Not" covers the following purposes and passages:
- SESSION 1 – "Is God Ashamed?": You’ll help students understand that God is not ashamed to be called our God; therefore, we do not have to live in shame (Hebrews 11:13-16).
- SESSION 2 – "Is God Clueless?": Students will learn that God is available and present in our lives, and His ways will not be mocked (Galatians 6:7-10).
- SESSION 3 – "Is God Useless?": You’ll show students that God is not useless because He is the God of the living, not the God of the dead (Luke 20:27-40).
- SESSION 4 – "Is God Silent?": Students will learn that God speaks the truth, and because we are His followers, we cannot keep Him a secret (Matthew 5:13-16).
"God Is Not" is part of YM360’s Sermon Series line of resources and is ideal for:
- Any large group setting
- Mid-week youth service
- “Master teacher” format
Every Sermon Series from YM360 comes with:
- Sermon manuscripts — Every Sermon Series comes with sermon manuscripts. Teach them "as is" or adapt them to suit your specific context.
- Small group discussion questions — These are designed for follow-up small group interaction after your sermon.
- Promotional art (including Instagram images) — Perfect for websites and Instagram, or print them off for posters or bulletin inserts.
- Title and background slides — These are designed to be dropped into your favorite presentation software to help you build a creative environment around your sermon. Use them as a backdrop for song lyrics, Scripture passages, and any illustrations you choose to display.
- Logo treatment (with native files included) — We include a logo file and the native design files to allow you to use the logo in ways you see fit.
- 100% downloadable
Resources Previews, Samples, and more
Each Sermon Series features biblically solid, highly interactive lessons centered in God's Word. Lessons are provided in Word format so you can edit to fit your group.
Each Sermon Series comes with four background images sized to fit ProPresenter, PowerPoint, or any other presentation software you use. Use the backgrounds to create customized slideshows to accompany your lessons.
Every Sermon Series comes with artwork to help you promote your series on the web or around your church.
Every Sermon Series comes with the native artwork so you can create your own images as you wish. AI and PNG formats available.