The Change-Up: Switching Our Approach to Fear
What’s your greatest fear?
That’s a question that we often hear, and when we do, we tend to respond to answers like snakes, spiders, or the dark. These are valid fears, but if we’re honest we’ll admit that fear also targets us on a much deeper level—one that torments the core of who we are and how we live.
Have you ever thought about how fear targets us? It uses deception to cause us to believe that challenging situations are more significant than they are and that we are smaller inside than we are. Fear functions as a conman in our lives, using ruses to fool us into falling for deceptions that tell us that we’re inadequate, isolated, or unlovable. The Change-Up: Switching Our Approach to Fear looks at how we’re not defenseless against these cons. God’s love provides everything we need to pull the plug and change the narrative on the false ideas of fear.
Now, we’re the ones pulling the change-up as we learn how to identify and breakthrough fear’s games by trusting God’s love to counter and conquer each one.
"The Change-Up" covers the following purposes and passages:
- SESSION 1 – "I Fear / He Loves": You’ll help students understand that we can switch from “I fear” to “He loves” because God’s perfect love actively drives out fear. (1 John 4:16-20)
- SESSION 2 – "I Can't / He Will": To show students that we can switch from “I can’t” to “He will” because God invites us to join Him in work He’s doing. (Exodus 3:7-4:18)
- SESSION 3 – "I Don't / He Does": You’ll show students that we can switch “I don’t” to “He does” because God is always with us and accepts us. (1 Kings 19:1-18)
- SESSION 4 – "I'm Not / He Is": Students will learn that we can switch “I’m not” to “He is” because God determines our value. (Genesis 41:28-57)
"The Change-Up" is part of YM360’s Sermon Series line of resources and is ideal for:
- Any large group setting
- Mid-week youth service
- “Master teacher” format
Every Sermon Series from YM360 comes with:
- Sermon manuscripts — Every Sermon Series comes with sermon manuscripts. Teach them "as is" or adapt them to suit your specific context.
- Small group discussion questions — These are designed for follow-up small group interaction after your sermon.
- Promotional art (including Instagram images) — Perfect for websites and Instagram, or print them off for posters or bulletin inserts.
- Title and background slides — These are designed to be dropped into your favorite presentation software to help you build a creative environment around your sermon. Use them as a backdrop for song lyrics, Scripture passages, and any illustrations you choose to display.
- Logo treatment (with native files included) — We include a logo file and the native design files to allow you to use the logo in ways you see fit.
- 100% downloadable
Resources Previews, Samples, and more
Each Sermon Series features biblically solid, highly interactive lessons centered in God's Word. Lessons are provided in Word format so you can edit to fit your group.
Each Sermon Series comes with four background images sized to fit ProPresenter, PowerPoint, or any other presentation software you use. Use the backgrounds to create customized slideshows to accompany your lessons.
Every Sermon Series comes with artwork to help you promote your series on the web or around your church.
Every Sermon Series comes with the native artwork so you can create your own images as you wish. AI and PNG formats available.