About Connersville Baptist Temple:
Connersville Baptist Temple is a growing, multi-generational Baptist church in Connersville, Indiana. Though we’re a small town, we’re within driving distance to Indianapolis, Dayton, and Cincinnati, which offer many amenities and opportunities for families.
We are a pastor-led church, supported by deacon and trustee boards that offer counsel and support. Our church attendance currently averages about 375-425 (with about 20-30 in the youth ministry). We have nine employees; five full-time staff positions and four part-time support positions. We have a great team and a flexible, fun work environment. Our music/worship style would be considered blended, but we lean a bit more contemporary with a band and praise team.
Our church is in a typical mid-western small town with farmers, teachers, retirees, and blue collar workers. Our congregation is a healthy blend of young and old and we are a casual, family-oriented church. We have a thriving children’s ministry and a healthy student ministry that is supported in part by our bus ministry.
Our debt-free, 29-acre campus includes our main building with Worship Center, Café, church offices, classrooms, etc. and a Family Life Center with gym, Youth Room, game room, Children’s Ministry rooms, Kitchen, etc. We also have a large amount of usable acreage for events and activities. We also have a thriving homeschool co-op ministry that meets during the school year.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
CBT is seeking a full-time Youth Pastor. He will be responsible to the Senior Pastor for planning, coordinating, and implementing our Youth Ministry.
Our ideal candidate will be gifted in teaching and discipleship, and have a passion to reach students in their immediate community with the gospel. He should be a self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized person who is able to work on multiple projects at once. This person will oversee a team of established volunteers (bus drivers, assistants, leaders), leading them to create a dynamic and effective youth ministry.
Our “REALife Student Ministry” (middle and high school) currently consists of around 20-30 students in the 7th-12th grades as well as 5-7 adult leaders.
DETAILED LIST OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the student ministry for middle and high school students.
- Collaborate with the Children’s Director to create an effective transition for preteens (grades 5-6) into the youth ministry.
- Work with the Children’s Director in planning 2-3 annual family activities/events with the purpose of building community/relationships within our church.
- Enlist, equip and engage adult volunteers in mentoring students through Christ centered relationships.
- Oversee teams of adult and volunteers to help lead engaging worship services, small groups, mission opportunities and events.
- Serve on the pastoral staff, performing other ministerial duties as needed or assigned (funerals, weddings, hospital visitation, counseling, etc.).
- Partner with parents in the spiritual development of their students.
- Keep up-to-date on national and local youth culture to ensure our student ministry is addressing the needs of students in our church and community.
- Develop and manage an annual budget and event calendar for the student ministry.
- Provide 3-4 service opportunities for students throughout the year focusing on helping to meet needs of the elderly in our church family. The goal of this ministry is to encourage Christian service and help build multi-generational relationships in our congregation.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Student Ministry including Sunday School and Wednesday programs, Bible studies, activities, camps, mission trips, etc.
- Prepare and administer annual Youth Ministry budget
- Other duties as assigned by the senior pastor.
This is not a comprehensive list of duties for this position. Additional ministry responsibilities will be shared or assigned based on the giftedness of whoever fills this position. Since we’re not a large staff, we all work together to help “share the load” of ministry and work-related responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Biblical Studies, Youth Ministry, Ministry, or related field preferred.
- We’re open to candidates with various levels of experience. Our greatest concern is finding someone with a clear calling to this position at Baptist Temple.
- Ordained, or working towards ordination is preferred.
Qualities We’re Looking for in a Candidate:
- Healthy, growing relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior
- A passion and giftedness in evangelism and teaching students
- Love for students and families
- Good communication skills
- Works well in a team setting with other ministry leaders
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to work without close supervision
- Be teachable
- Good leader, motivator, encourager and equipper
Full-Time Salary and Benefits:
- Base salary $50,000.00
- Three weeks of paid vacation annually
- $10,500 non-taxable health reimbursement account above salary
- Flexible office hours and days off based on ministry schedule
- $1,000.00 Christmas bonus
- Assistance with relocation expenses
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions will remain confidential. Please include:
- Cover Letter
- Current photo of you and your family, if applicable
- Link to a video of you teaching/preaching
- Social Media links
- We will be receiving resumes until July 10th or until the position is filled.