flashback friday (june 17): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
This week's posts from the ym360 Blog
- Introducing "Live Books of the Bible" from ym360 and Simply Youth Ministry
- Youth Worker BOOST: Charging Your Battery
- 3 Free Devotions: "Plugging In: Connecting With What God Is Doing"
- Youth Ministry Essentials: Before You Part Ways With A Volunteer
- Youth Ministry Leadership, Marine Corps Style
Posts From Other Awesome People
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Directions In Youth Ministry--Joshua writes a very good post here about some considerations when launching an intern program.
- Doug Franklin--Another intern-themed post, this one a fascinating take by Doug Franklin, entitled: "Building a Minor League."
- Doug Fields--This is much more of a personal post by Doug, and kind of a touching one at that, but he asks a great question at the end. Worth a read, for sure.
- Fuller Youth Institute--Great post by Brad Griffin reflecting on a study about the importance of generosity. Not youth ministry specific, per se, but valuable nonetheless.
- Gen To Gen YM--Here's a thought provoking post by Steven: "Do you let your students into your past pain?"
- Journey of Purpose--Read this post! Melanie is a good friend of mine. She was on our youth staff before being called to South Africa to work in an awesome ministry there. This post is a short story about some of her former students who visited her in SA, and her joy at getting to watch them (now "all grown up") leading ministry to the people of Capricorn. A very cool reminder of what it looks like when the discipleship process works.
- Life In Student Ministry--Tim posts a pretty funny clip from "King of the Hill" about youth ministry. Watched all of it, and I must admit, their satire is pretty well done. There were some cringe-worthy moments, for sure.
- Rethinking Youth Ministry--Love this post from Brian: "Can Twitter Help Shy Teens In Your Ministry?"
- ReYouthPastor--Jeremy writes a pretty awesome post here. Short and sweet: "3 Theological Foundations Shaping 21st Century Youth Ministry Strategy."
- Terrace Crawford--Fun announcement from our friend Terrace. Terrace is a great guy and I am excited to see his vision for this new venture unfold. If you're interested in a coaching program, give this post a look.
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.
Share your thoughts with the youthministry360 community:
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.