flashback friday (feb. 17): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry.
Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- How's Your Youth Ministry “Hot Spot”?
- Youth Worker BOOST: A Good Conscience
- Youth Ministry Essentials: Two Creative Teaching Methods To Liven Up Your Lessons
- 5 Thoughts About Youth Ministry As Family Ministry
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Adam McLane, “How I read the Bible”—Adam really got me thinking on this one. A great post that really deals with some of the struggles we all face when it comes to engaging with the Bible.
- Brian Kirk, “How Old is Your Youth Group?”—You need to read this! Awesome idea from Brian.
- Brian Berry, “This Too Shall Pass And This Shall Not”—So many people sound off on changes and the future and what will go away and what will stay . . . I love Brian's take on it here. Wise . . .
- Chris Davis, “The Secret Structure of Great Talks – TED Video”—If you know me, you know I love TED. Chris passes along this TED talk that I think is great advice for youth workers who preach or teach.
- Chris Wesley, “What's Your Style?”—Great post by Chris. And I like imagining the picture on the post is Chris when he was 15. :)
- Joel Mayward, “Keep The Towel - Overcoming Discouragement in Ministry”—This short post is an excellent treatment on the topic. Check it out, for sure.
- Josh Evans, “GUEST POST: 8 Reasons Why You Need a Monthly Student Pastor Get-Together”—Josh writes this excellent guest post on MTDB.com. We're big believers in local youth pastor networks and love our interactions with them. This is a great argument for why you need to be a part of one.
- Josh Griffin, “Download HSM's Student Leadership Application”—Josh passes along their application for Student Leaders. This is such a helpful resource. Make sure you check it out.
- Lantz Howard, “1 Tip To Facilitate Better Small Group Conversation”—Great tip from Lantz. I read this post no less than a week after writing virtually the same advice in a chapter of our newest book. (Details available next week!) Simple advice, but true.
- Rachel Blom, “When it’s time for tough love…”—Love this! Been there before (haven't we all?). This is good advice from Rachel.
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.