The Cycle: Having Faith in Tough Circumstances
On this side of the book of Judges, we can easily find ourselves in a judgmental stance about God's people. This series seeks to study the cycle of relationship with God, falling away, and salvation from our disobedience. We'll do this through the lens of three major players in the book of Judges, learning how to stop this cycle with us.
The Cycle: Having Faith in Tough Circumstances is a challenge for students to look at their lives and be willing to make a change. We are called to much more on this earth than sin, repent, worship, repeat. Let us be the generation to break the cycle.
"The Cycle" covers the following purposes and passages:
- SESSION 1 – "Starting in a Circle": Where do you start in a circle? You'll open the series by saying it doesn't matter where we begin. Instead, it's about identifying the cycle to break out. (Judges 2:8-23)
- SESSION 2 – "Unique Doesn't Mean Flawed": Students will learn how the entire kingdom of God is needed to break the cycle of sin. (Judges 3:12-30)
- SESSION 3 – "Passing the Test": You’ll ask students what might happen if God removed all of their obstacles. Would they still turn back? (Judges 6:11-40)
- SESSION 4 – "The World's Strongest Weakling": The series closes by showing how it’s not our strength which allows us to overcome the cycle. (Judges 16:23-40, James 1:19-21)
"The Cycle" is part of YM360’s Sermon Series line of resources and is ideal for:
- Any large group setting
- Mid-week youth service
- “Master teacher” format
Every Sermon Series from YM360 comes with:
- Sermon manuscripts — Every Sermon Series comes with sermon manuscripts. Teach them "as is" or adapt them to suit your specific context.
- Small group discussion questions — These are designed for follow-up small group interaction after your sermon.
- Promotional art (including Instagram images) — Perfect for websites and Instagram, or print them off for posters or bulletin inserts.
- Title and background slides — These are designed to be dropped into your favorite presentation software to help you build a creative environment around your sermon. Use them as a backdrop for song lyrics, Scripture passages, and any illustrations you choose to display.
- Logo treatment (with native files included) — We include a logo file and the native design files to allow you to use the logo in ways you see fit.
- 100% downloadable
Resources Previews, Samples, and more
Each Sermon Series features biblically solid, highly interactive lessons centered in God's Word. Lessons are provided in Word format so you can edit to fit your group.
Each Sermon Series comes with four background images sized to fit ProPresenter, PowerPoint, or any other presentation software you use. Use the backgrounds to create customized slideshows to accompany your lessons.
Every Sermon Series comes with artwork to help you promote your series on the web or around your church.
Every Sermon Series comes with the native artwork so you can create your own images as you wish. AI and PNG formats available.