On the Verge: Taking the Right Step Forward
Is it an indefinable place where the present and future collide? Or is it the second just before the point of no return? Is it the moment you realize that what you do next matters most? Or is the culmination of collected experiences that caution you to avoid pain at all costs? Did you choose it? Or did it choose you?
Regardless of where it is, what it looks like, or when it happens, we have all been there. Some of us are there right now — on the verge of something big. In this four-part sermon series, On the Verge: Taking the Right Step Forward, we’ll examine these moments right before our lives change and how we can look to the stories of the Israelites for understanding how God wants us to view these crucial times as we go through our lives.
God is calling us to a life of trust and faith: where we may not understand the full measure of where we’re going or what we’re doing. But His ways are good and right for us, and we can know He will be with us every step of the way. So, let us stand on our tiptoes and boldly follow God into the chasm of what is and what could be.
"On the Verge" covers the following purposes and passages:
- SESSION 1 – "Everyone Comes to the Edge": You’ll help students understand that God uses our “on the verge” moments to move us forward in faith, and communicate in trust as we walk through our lives. (Joshua 3:7-17)
- SESSION 2 – "On the Verge of Giving Up": To show students that the moment when you want to give up is the place to trust God in His plan for your life, and cling to hope that He is with you. (Numbers 13:26-14:10)
- SESSION 3 – "On the Verge of Giving In": You'll show students that when we are faced with giving into sin, God calls us instead to a healing that cleanses us. (Joshua 7:1-26)
- SESSION 4 – "On the Verge of Giving Out": Students will learn when we cannot go on, when we want to give out, we can call out to God, ask for help, and He will answer. (Judges 1:27-2:5)
"On the Verge" is part of YM360’s Sermon Series line of resources and is ideal for:
- Any large group setting
- Mid-week youth service
- “Master teacher” format
Every Sermon Series from YM360 comes with:
- Sermon manuscripts — Every Sermon Series comes with sermon manuscripts. Teach them "as is" or adapt them to suit your specific context.
- Small group discussion questions — These are designed for follow-up small group interaction after your sermon.
- Promotional art (including Instagram images) — Perfect for websites and Instagram, or print them off for posters or bulletin inserts.
- Title and background slides — These are designed to be dropped into your favorite presentation software to help you build a creative environment around your sermon. Use them as a backdrop for song lyrics, Scripture passages, and any illustrations you choose to display.
- Logo treatment (with native files included) — We include a logo file and the native design files to allow you to use the logo in ways you see fit.
- 100% downloadable
Resources Previews, Samples, and more
Each Sermon Series features biblically solid, highly interactive lessons centered in God's Word. Lessons are provided in Word format so you can edit to fit your group.
Each Sermon Series comes with four background images sized to fit ProPresenter, PowerPoint, or any other presentation software you use. Use the backgrounds to create customized slideshows to accompany your lessons.
Every Sermon Series comes with artwork to help you promote your series on the web or around your church.
Every Sermon Series comes with the native artwork so you can create your own images as you wish. AI and PNG formats available.