Identity Crisis: Embracing Your True Namesake
The journey of finding out who we are and where we come from is one of humanity’s most deeply-rooted needs. As we seek, if we can discover where our name comes from — whose namesake we are. We can begin to find our God-given identity and live with God-given authority in the context of God-given community.
Identity Crisis: Embracing Your True Namesake is an invitation to understand where you come from, who you are, and why it matters so that students can be themselves in Christ, and fully embrace their true namesake.
"Identity Crisis" covers the following purposes and passages:
- SESSION 1 – "Are We in Crisis?": You’ll help students understand that when we believe in Jesus, the foundation of our identity is found in Him and being a part of His family. (Acts 19:8-20)
- SESSION 2 – "What Does It Look Like?": To show students that believers are identified by their passionate spirituality and their radical community, which infuses their lives with missional zeal. (Acts 2:42-47)
- SESSION 3 – "What Is My True Name?": You’ll show students that we cannot do anything to earn our identity, as it is a God-given gift. (John 1:9-14)
- SESSION 4 – "How Can I Live Up to It?": Students will learn that namesakes of Christ are commissioned to exercise God-given authority. (Luke 9:1-6)
"Identity Crisis" is part of YM360’s Sermon Series line of resources and is ideal for:
- Any large group setting
- Mid-week youth service
- “Master teacher” format
Every Sermon Series from YM360 comes with:
- Sermon manuscripts — Every Sermon Series comes with sermon manuscripts. Teach them "as is" or adapt them to suit your specific context.
- Small group discussion questions — These are designed for follow-up small group interaction after your sermon.
- Promotional art (including Instagram images) — Perfect for websites and Instagram, or print them off for posters or bulletin inserts.
- Title and background slides — These are designed to be dropped into your favorite presentation software to help you build a creative environment around your sermon. Use them as a backdrop for song lyrics, Scripture passages, and any illustrations you choose to display.
- Logo treatment (with native files included) — We include a logo file and the native design files to allow you to use the logo in ways you see fit.
- 100% downloadable
Resources Previews, Samples, and more
Each Sermon Series features biblically solid, highly interactive lessons centered in God's Word. Lessons are provided in Word format so you can edit to fit your group.
Each Sermon Series comes with four background images sized to fit ProPresenter, PowerPoint, or any other presentation software you use. Use the backgrounds to create customized slideshows to accompany your lessons.
Every Sermon Series comes with artwork to help you promote your series on the web or around your church.
Every Sermon Series comes with the native artwork so you can create your own images as you wish. AI and PNG formats available.