We're excited for two reasons:
- It's a really awesome book for the youth worker who is looking to lead teenagers closer to Christ, AND
- It's written by a friend and mentor, Dr. Allen Jackson. We love Dr. Jackson. Not only is he a great guy, he's one of the most influential and trusted voices in youth ministry. This book reflects his heart for wanting to equip youth workers to lead students to be followers of Jesus.
We know as a youth worker, you want to lead students to be more like Christ. In a word, you want them to become disciples.
The question is, how do you go about doing it?
That’s where Disciple comes in. Disciple: The Ordinary Person’s Guide To Discipling Teenagers is a practical, down-to-earth guide for leading teenagers to pursue Christ.
In Disciple, you’ll find Dr. Jackson discussing a variety of foundational concepts and practices, including:
- How youth culture is impacting how teenagers view the world around them.
- Why teenagers compartmentalize their lives and what this means for their faith.
- The DNA of discipleship.
- The core discipleship practices essential for disciples and disciple-makers alike.
- The need for discipleship to happen in the home and the church.
- An assortment of discipleship truths and resources
No matter if you’re a veteran or a newbie, (italicize) Disciple will help challenge and equip you to get serious about disciple-making.
To read a sample chapter of Disciple, and for ordering information, simply CLICK HERE.
About The Author:
Dr. Allen Jackson is one of the most trusted names in youth ministry. Since 1994, Allen has been a "youth minister to youth ministers" at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. He is the founder and director of the Youth Ministry Institute, has published extensively in youth ministry circles, and is a sought after speaker and teacher.