flashback friday (sep 30): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- What Kind Of Builder Are You?
- Youth Ministry Essentials: Youth Ministry Made Me Fat
- Youth Worker BOOST: Inside Out
- ym360 Trends and Culture Update (Sep 29)
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Benjer McVeigh--This is the first in a three part series by Benjer that asks an important question: "Are We Collecting Students or Sending Missionaries?"
- Brad Griffin--Brad writes a great post on the Fuller Youth Institute blog looking at some of the highlights from the ongoing work of mapping the human brain. These teenager-centric highlights are intriguing, for sure.
- Brian Berry--Brian is one of my favorite youth ministry voices. He is a wise dude. Make sure you catch his 3 tips for influencing and encouraging the people in your life and ministry context.
- Danny Bowers--Love this simple and encouraging post by Danny about a very nice benefit of sticking with youth ministry for the long haul.
- Doug Fields--Doug talks about the "bait and switch" tactics the church can be guilty of. Doug's right on here.
- Josh Griffin--Josh shares the two books that have been the most influential to his ministry. Josh is such a great youth ministry practitioner. If they influenced Josh, they might influence you, as well.
- Lars Rood--Love what Lars says here. It's an insight he passes along in his excellent book, as well. But this is a super short post about the great value in sharing our youth ministry resources.
- Matt McGill--When you do something long enough, you can forget why you do it. You can get in ruts. Matt sets some really great reminders in front of us about what we should seek to be as teachers. It challenged me. It will challenge you I believe, as well.
- Paul Martin--Tweeted this post this week, but worth the read in case you missed it. It's a thought provoking post about how we do evangelism with teenagers. Wonder what you think?
- Steven Orel--Steven posts a short but powerful article about an interaction he had with a student who didn't feel like he fit in their small group. Great insight here.
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.