flashback friday (sep 2): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- ym360 Trends and Culture Update (Aug 29)
- The 5 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started In Youth Ministry
- Youth Worker BOOST: Where Is God?
- Helping Students Focus On A Campus Missions Strategy
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Adam Reed--Adam frequently impresses me with the way he does youth ministry. This is such a simple idea he shares, but one that I can immediately see the value in. I thought I'd pass it along! Nice work, Adam.
- Brian Kirk--This is SUCH a good post from Brian on RETHINK. I loved it: "Are We Practicing Fast Food Youth Ministry?"
- Doug Fields--This is the kind of article that Doug simply nails. This is REALLY valuable stuff: "7 Ideas For Deeper Conversation With Teenagers."
- Chris Wesley--Great story, great blog post: "3 Keys To Communication . . . Just 3"
- Jay Higham--Love Jay's Youth Worker Tip of the Day, especially this one!
- Josh Griffin--Technically it's from Josh and Kurt, as it also appeared in Simply Youth Ministry's "Simply Youth Ministry Today." But, it's a great list on "Helping You Debrief Your Summer Youth Ministry Calendar." Good stuff.
- MarkO--Cool idea, cool concept. Using Kickstarter to fund a symposium on extended adolescence. Check it out, and if you are interested in attending, kick in some funds! It sounds like a great conference.
- Paul Turner--Love this post from Paul. Great thoughts: "Five Places You Could Be Instead Of Your Office."
- Terrace Crawford--Thought this was really interesting. Terrace passes along his thoughts on a very cool 1 Month challenge for students.
- Youth Ministry Geek--Jon Homesley writes a guest post about using QR codes in your youth ministry. I'm on board! They are an awesome way to get info and more to your students. It's a great post that helps explain why.
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.