One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry.
Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of some of the awesome posts from the past week across youth ministry blogs. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- Youth Ministers, Reclaim This Buzzword by Andy Blanks
- Youth Worker BOOST: Investment by Richard Parker
- Who Has Permission To Call You Out? by Andy Blanks
The Skill Of Thinking On Your Feet by Danny Bowers
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
Fav Read Of The Week:
- Is It Time to Take Your Ministry Events to the Slaughterhouse? by Tim Peters. Man, I loved this post so much. It came on the heels of a conversation I had with a friend. We were talking about his church's super-full calendar and the feeling both of us shared that maybe this contributed the the generally low attendance for each of the dozens and dozens of events his church put on. Then I read Peters' post. It's solid stuff. I would advise you to read it and use it to evaluate your ministry calendar/strategy.
The Rest Of The Best:
- Benjamin Kerns, Developing your own curriculum
- Craig Groeschel, Disrupt your rhythms, strategically
- Jonathan McKee, Ever-Changing Technology
- Kara Powell, The Best Question I’ve Asked a Young Person Recently
- Paul Martin, Youth Ministry Affluenza
- Paul Tripp, Each Morning in Ministry
- Phil Bell, Regaining Lost Credibility In Your Youth Ministry
- Sam Townsend, 4 Ways to Maximize Your Summer Missions Experience into the School Year
Tim Schmoyer, Free youth group lesson on taming the tongue [Freebie Friday]
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.