flashback friday (march 16): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry.
Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- Tips For Communicating With Your Students' Parents
- Youth Worker BOOST: Running The Race
- Free Easter Bible Study Lesson: The Thread of Love
- The Challenges And Opportunities of Teaching The Bible In Small Groups
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Ben Denen, “Priorities in Student Ministry”—Great guest post on 78Productions by Ben. A short read that's worth the time.
- Brian Ford, “Focus on Being Rooted in Christ…Not Your Ministry”—Brian writes a great reminder here. Worth the read.
- Chris Davis, “Game Ideas for Student Ministry from Digital Stache”—Good tip from Chris Davis on a source of youth ministry games.
- Chris Wesley, “Don't Over Stretch”—Love this post from Chris on the dangers of stretching ourselves too thin.
- Jay Higham, “YWTD #20”—I love Jay's series, Youth Worker Tip Of the Day. He's reposting a few in preparation of ramping them back up. Good stuff.
- Kara Powell, “How Not To Get Buried In The Information Avalanche”—Dr. Powell passes along some really practical steps here.
- Phil Bell, “Youth Ministry Leadership: Friend or Leader?”—This post from Phil really got me thinking. I told my friend Phil I'm not sure I agree 100% with him on everything, but hey, in my book that means it's probably a pretty well written post. Thought provoking, for sure.
- Terrace Crawford, “10 Quick Ideas for Connecting with Students”—Short and sweet list by Terrace. This is worth a read. Good ideas here.
- Tim Milburn, “10 Communication Myths We Thought Were True”—This is an awesome list from Tim. If you speak or preach to students, take a second and check this out.
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.