flashback friday (july 8): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- What Youth Ministry IS and What It ISN'T
- Youth Worker BOOST: Learning To Give
- ym360 Trends and Culture Update (July 5)
- Youth Ministry: Your "God-sized" Task
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Andy Disher--This is Andy's post that got the ball rolling on some great conversation. "What Is Youth Ministry?"
- Benjer McVeigh--Benjer writes a great two-part post on the pros and cons of the specialization of youth ministry. Benjer's a great guy and a deep thinker. This post will definitely make you think, like most of what he writes.
- Chad Swanzy--In light of the new Facebook video chat feature, Chad writes a really good post about some potential guidelines youth workers might consider.
- Chris Wesley--Love this post from our buddy Chris Wesley. A nice, short, to the point post with some good tips on how to be and stay creative (even if that's not a particular strong suit of yours).
- Doug Fields--This is such a cool post by Doug. If you want to see a visual example of the legacy of discipleship, click here. Very cool.
- Doug Franklin--As always, a great post by Doug on the 3 common mission trip mistakes. (Doug would know, as his organization, Leader Treks, is my favorite youth ministry missions organization. Incredible ministry happening there.)
- Junior High Ministry--The title of this post from Scott Rubin says it all: "Lessons About Rowdy Kids From a Legendary NCAA Hoops Coach."
- Paul Martin--We had a little fun on the blog on Thursday, picking up a question our buddy Andy Disher asked on his Facebook page: "What is youth ministry? And What isn't youth ministry?" Paul was one of the guys who answered this question on his blog. If you missed it, his response was great.
- Phil Bell--Phil's another guy who picked up the charge to answer the questions, "What is youth ministry? And What isn't youth ministry?" Love Phil's response here.
- Russel St. Bernard--Rev Russ writes a great post, entitled "Is Your Backdoor Closed?" Good stuff here.
- Tim Schmoyer--Tim passes along a GREAT youth ministry use of a very cool app. Good stuff from Tim.
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.