flashback friday (july 15): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- Junior High Ministry: How 7th Graders Rocked My World
- Youth Worker BOOST: Building On A Solid Foundation
- Remembering A Very Important Point
- Summer Is Winding Down . . . Are You Ready?
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Adam McLane--Love the analogy Adam makes in this post entitled, "Swinging At The Wrong Guy."
- Brian Aaby--Really resonated with this post from Brian entitled "An Open Letter To Parents."
- Chris Wesley--Friend and ym360 Contributor Chris Wesley writes an awesome post entitled "The Hardest Part Of Your Job." This is such a practical post. Good thoughts from Chris.
- Doug Fields--For many of you camp is come and gone, but this is still a great post, a guest post on Doug's blog by Joey Rolen entitled "When Bad Things Happen To Good Camps."
- Fuller Youth Institute--We linked to this article on Twitter this week. It's a great post by Brad Griffin entitled "Want To Change A Kid's Life?"
- MarkO--I could not agree more with MarkO and what he addresses in this short post entitled "What's The Feel Of Your Youth Ministry?" I've felt the same feelings he articulates here (much better than I could) for a while. Great thought.
- More Than Dodgeball--Steve Ingold writes a guest post on MTDB that just resonates with me so strongly. I bet it will for you too. It's a super short post entitled "I've Failed As A Youth Pastor."
- Paul Turner--This is a REALLY challenging and transparent post by our friend Paul Turner. One of my favorite things about Paul, who is an exceptional minister, is that he speaks what's on his heart. He certainly does that here in a post entitled, "Do Mega Youth Groups Have A Mega Responsibility?"
- Youth Leaders Academy--Great post by Rachel entitled "How To Keep From Working On Your Day Off." Super practical piece, here.
- Youth Ministry.com--One of our good buddies and a contributor to ym360 Danny Bowers, writes a great post on youthministry.com entitled "Summer Business vs. Pastoral Heart." Great stuff here from Danny.
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.