flashback friday (aug 26): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
As many of you know, we did a 3-Day Giveaway this week on the Blog. Usually, in this section we link to our posts from the week. This week, we'd love for you to click on these posts and read through the comments, especially Day 1. There were so many awesome testimonies to incredible ministry being done.
- We did a big give away this week and it's exired, so no links available.
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Benjer McVeigh--I love this post by Benjer: "My Favorite YM Places Outside Of A Youth Room."
- Brian Berry--Loved this post from Brian entitled "Getting To The Real Questions Students Are Asking"
- Chris Wesley--This is where Chris shines. Love these types of posts from him. "4 Reasons People Aren't Getting Involved."
- Doug Franklin--Doug writes a great post that's worth a read: "Three Keys To Growing Students' Confidence."
- Doug Fields--This is a great post from Doug entitled "7 Ideas For Deeper Conversations With Teenagers." This is golden advice.
- Girls Minister.com--Our good friend Amy Jo Girardier writes a GREAT post entitled "Momentum vs. Stepping Stones." She passes along a few tips on how to "stick to it" in a ministry environment. I thought these were really good.
- Josh Griffin--Great post from Josh entitled "Kicking Off The Fall Right." Good stuff.
- Mark Novelli--This isn't specifically a youth ministry post, but I saw this on Mark's "iblogo" site, and thought it was VERY valuable. It's a repost from Michael Hyatt on the 10 Annoying Meeting Habits. If you're like me, you'll cringe when you see some of your own behaviors on this list.
- Jay Higham--Jay has started a new feature, "Youth Worker Tip Of The Day." This one rang true with me, though admittedly, sometimes easier said than done!
- Youth Ministry.com--Jason Veliquette writes another great article on transitioning from Summer to Fall, focusing on getting "back to the basics."
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.