flashback friday (april 26): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry.
Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of some of the awesome posts from the past week across youth ministry blogs. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- "Being Proactive With Disruptive Students In Your Youth Ministry" by Chris Wesley
- Youth Worker Sound Off: Equipping Parents To Disciple: Yes Or No? by Andy Blanks
- "Youth Worker BOOST: More Than A Little Warm" by Richard Parker
- "Youth Ministry Essentials: Networking For Non-Networkers" by Justin Herman
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
Fav Read Of The Week:
“How the Hook-Up Culture Hurts Girls" by Kara Powell, I might be a little bias as the father of three girls, but I thought this was a just a powerful post from Kara. I would strongly encourage you to read it, view the girls in your ministry through this lens, and pass it along to your students' parents.
The Rest Of The Best:
- Benjer McVeigh, "Recruiting Youth Volunteers: Breaking In New Leaders"
- Darren Sutton, "Veteran Youth Pastors are Full of It…"
- Doug Franklin, "Aligning Your Ministry"
- Joanne Caton-Frank, "Youth Pastor First Day on the Job"
- Leneita Fix, "Youth Ministry Burnout: Part 1"
- Robert Neely, "Rules of attraction: When youth ministries shouldn’t (and should) use attractional models"
- Seth Godin, "Do you have a people strategy?" (Obviously not youth ministry specific, but a very relevant word on how we treat people.)
- Tim Milburn, "Twelve Questions To Evaluate Your Student Leadership Year"
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.