Pictures of Jesus: A Four-Week Sermon Series in Luke
In today’s world of technology and social media, it’s not difficult to learn about people’s lives even without meeting them face-to-face. But in Jesus’ day, the stories of Jesus’ miraculous healings and profound statements about Himself couldn’t just be posted on Instagram for all to see. Instead, the biblical writers recorded for us a Gospel that gives us “pictures” of who Jesus was during His time on earth so that we might know all that the Son of God did and said – and believe in Him even today. Using the book of Luke, the Pictures of Jesus sermon series will look at four incredible pictures of Jesus, prompting students to a deeper love for and faith in their Savior Jesus.
As we look at these four narratives in Luke, students will see that Jesus is Lord of all – progressing from His lordship over the physical world to His lordship even over death.
"Pictures of Jesus" covers the following purposes and passages:
- SESSION 1 – "The One From God": You’ll introduce the idea that we see exactly who Jesus is from the Bible – that He is God in the flesh, sent to reconcile the world to God. (Luke 2:8-20)
- SESSION 2 – "The One Who Calls": You'll help students understand that although Jesus is the sent one from God, He desires to initiate a relationship with them by calling them to follow Him and believe. (Luke 5:1-11)
- SESSION 3 – "The One Who Meets Our Needs": You’ll help students understand that Jesus came and desires a relationship with them to meet their deepest need – the sin and rebellion that separate them from God. (Luke 5:17-26)
- SESSION 4 – "The One Who Is Greater Than Death": You’ll help students understand that Jesus' authority and power extend even over death, and as such, give us assurance of salvation and hope for eternal life with Him.(Luke 7:11-17)
"Pictures of Jesus" is part of YM360’s Sermon Series line of resources and is ideal for:
- Any large group setting
- Mid-week youth service
- “Master teacher” format
Every Sermon Series from YM360 comes with:
- Sermon manuscripts — Every Sermon Series comes with sermon manuscripts. Teach them "as is" or adapt them to suit your specific context.
- Small group discussion questions — These are designed for follow-up small group interaction after your sermon.
- Promotional art (including Instagram images) — Perfect for websites and Instagram, or print them off for posters or bulletin inserts.
- Title and background slides — These are designed to be dropped into your favorite presentation software to help you build a creative environment around your sermon. Use them as a backdrop for song lyrics, Scripture passages, and any illustrations you choose to display.
- Logo treatment (with native files included) — We include a logo file and the native design files to allow you to use the logo in ways you see fit.
- 100% downloadable
Resources Previews, Samples, and more
Each Sermon Series features biblically solid, highly interactive lessons centered in God's Word. Lessons are provided in Word format so you can edit to fit your group.
Each Sermon Series comes with four background images sized to fit ProPresenter, PowerPoint, or any other presentation software you use. Use the backgrounds to create customized slideshows to accompany your lessons.
Every Sermon Series comes with artwork to help you promote your series on the web or around your church.
Every Sermon Series comes with the native artwork so you can create your own images as you wish. AI and PNG formats available.