God Is: Exploring the Many Sides of God
What’s the most important thing about you? All of us would answer this question in different ways, but maybe there’s something about us as people that’s more important than any of these things – how we think about God. If that’s true – even partially – then what we believe about God is a huge deal. And that’s why in this series, your students will discover who and how God really is.
Your students will learn that God Is extraordinary, but that He is also ordinary (and what the means exactly). They'll learn that God is involved in every aspect of their life, but also that He is set apart. Through this four-session series, your students won't learn everything there is to know about God, but they will learn that they can have a relationship with a God who is real and who loves and understands them.
"God Is" covers the following purposes and passages:
- SESSION 1 – "God Is Extraordinary": You’ll help students understand the idea that God is greater than our imagination, and that what we think about when we think about God speaks volumes (Isaiah 40:12-18).
- SESSION 2 – "God Is Ordinary": You’ll help students understand that God often subverts our expectations of what we think He should be, and what that means for our understanding of Him (John 14:1-11).
- SESSION 3 – "God Is Involved": To teach students that God is not a higher cosmic power who isn’t interested in what we think of Him. He is affected when He is rejected (Judges 10:6-16).
- SESSION 4 – "God Is Set Apart": To understand that while He loves us, God is so other, so different from us. But we don’t need to despair; God is different so He can make a difference (Isaiah 6:1-8).
"God Is" is part of YM360’s Sermon Series line of resources and is ideal for:
- Any large group setting
- Mid-week youth service
- “Master teacher” format
Every Sermon Series from YM360 comes with:
- Sermon manuscripts — Every Sermon Series comes with sermon manuscripts. Teach them "as is" or adapt them to suit your specific context.
- Small group discussion questions — These are designed for follow-up small group interaction after your sermon.
- Promotional art (including Instagram images) — Perfect for websites and Instagram, or print them off for posters or bulletin inserts.
- Title and background slides — These are designed to be dropped into your favorite presentation software to help you build a creative environment around your sermon. Use them as a backdrop for song lyrics, Scripture passages, and any illustrations you choose to display.
- Logo treatment (with native files included) — We include a logo file and the native design files to allow you to use the logo in ways you see fit.
- 100% downloadable
Resources Previews, Samples, and more
Each Sermon Series features biblically solid, highly interactive lessons centered in God's Word. Lessons are provided in Word format so you can edit to fit your group.
Each Sermon Series comes with four background images sized to fit ProPresenter, PowerPoint, or any other presentation software you use. Use the backgrounds to create customized slideshows to accompany your lessons.
Every Sermon Series comes with artwork to help you promote your series on the web or around your church.
Every Sermon Series comes with the native artwork so you can create your own images as you wish. AI and PNG formats available.