About Guntersville First Methodist Church: We are a 200-year-old Wesleyan-Arminian congregation located in downtown Guntersville, AL. Our mission is simple: Win the Lost; Disciple the Found. We are a member of the newly formed Global Methodist Church.
Position Overview: GFMC is seeking a dynamic Youth Pastor to lead and maintain a safe environment in which students in 7th-12th grade can encounter Christ, grow as disciples, and build biblical relationships with other students and adult leaders. As a key member of our Pastoral team, you will play a pivotal role in living out our mission statement in the lives of our Junior and Senior High students. The Youth Pastor position will work under the guidance of and be accountable to the Executive Pastor.
- Model what it is to be a disciple of Jesus by constantly growing in knowledge of God and consistently developing a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ through prayer, personal study, worship, accountability, and small group study.
- Provide spiritual guidance to students.
- Recruit, train, and support adult servants in the Small Group Leaders team.
- Champion and guard the culture of the Guntersville First Youth ministry as well as its conformity to the overall mission and vision of GFMC.
- Continually work to personally grow as a leader, as well as to help identify and develop new leaders as God raises them up.
- Oversee the Youth Ministry Budget
- Be the primary teacher for our students.
- Ensure all teaching is in accordance with the Bible and theologically sound.
- Help students practically apply teaching and Biblical knowledge to their daily lives.
- Write and/or select teaching series for the year.
- Continue to execute and advance our communication strategies to reach and inform both students and parents.
- Keep Small Group leaders informed and prepared.
- Share plans and information with necessary GFMC staff members.
- Do all necessary spiritual, logistical, and administrative work required to execute with excellence:
- Wednesday Nights – 5:45-8:00 during the school year
- Sunday School – 10:00-11:00
- Summer Activities
- Bible Studies – Servant led before school
- Develop relationships with students outside the church walls by:
- Attending school events and other activities that students are involved in such as sports, concerts, dance, awards ceremonies, and theater.
- Extra activities such as but not limited to: Winter Retreat (Strength to Stand) and Mission Trips.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend staff meetings and planning events/retreats.
- Be a connected member of the total staff and vision of GFMC.
- Any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or the Lead Pastor.
- A heart for Jesus Christ and passion for shepherding students.
- Ability to clearly articulate a call to ministry.
- An embrace of Methodist Doctrine and a strong understanding of Wesleyan theology.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas in a clear and compelling manner.
- Proficiency in current Windows OS; Microsoft Office Suite and common social media platforms.
- Strong in organization, strategic thinking, project management, and problem-solving abilities.
Preferred Bonus Qualifications:
- A college and/or seminary degree relevant to ministry.
- Prior experience as a Youth Pastor.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume with at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Job Status: Full-Time
Salary Range: $35,000 - $40,000