Flashback Friday (Sep 28): This Week's Links From The Youth Ministry Blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry.
Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of some of the awesome posts from the past week across youth ministry blogs. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- Facing The Bad Days As A Team, by Justin Herman
- Youth Worker BOOST: Authentic, by Richard Parker
- Finding The Balance Between Relationships and Programs, by Andy Blanks
YMEssentials: Practical Advice For Planning A Fall Retreat, by Bucky Rogers
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
Fav Read Of The Week:
- TOP 3: Ways to Make Your Spouse Hate Youth Ministry by Darren Sutton. I chose this as the featured article for a few reasons. 1) It gives me chance to say go check out Darren's new book. You'll love it! 2) It was short and funny, a bonus for sure. 3) We can screw up SO ROYALLY in this area. I know Darren and his wife Katie. And I know they have had their share of ministry up's and downs. They have an awesome outlook on ministry and family. It's a good read.
The Rest Of The Best:
- Adam McLane, Rewarding Students for Thinking
- Benjer McVeigh, Am I Giving Them âMyâ God or Jesus?
- Kara Powell, Does Sexting Take the Place of Sex for Teenagers?
- Greg Stier, 10 ways NOT to bring the gospel upâ
- Jeremy Smith, Appropriate Digital Bible Alternatives
- Josh Tandy, 30 in 30: Protect Your Sabbath
- Josh Griffin, 5 Questions with Darren Sutton, Author of Everyoneâs Called to Youth Ministry
- Matt McGill, NOW WHAT? The options you face after a trust has broken
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.