One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry.
Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of some of the awesome posts from the past week across youth ministry blogs. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- Does Your Youth Ministry Need Streamlining? by Andy Blanks
- Youth Worker BOOST: Fair Pay by Richard Parker
- When Did Your Call Become Punching A Clock? by Andy Blanks
Linked Post: How To Create Leadership Depth by Christopher Wesley
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
Fav Read Of The Week:
- Changing the Perspective of Your Adult Volunteers by Doug Franklin. Loved this post from Doug. I could immediately picture those volunteers in our church's ministry who have pigeonholed themselves in their self-defined roles. Love what Doug says here: "If you want to help your volunteers become more intentional, you need to challenge the perspective of your volunteers." Good stuff.
The Rest Of The Best:
- Adam McLane, The Machine & The Magician: What you need to know about distraction
- Brad Griffin, How well do you know young people’s stress?
- Bryan Young, 4 Calls to Action Your Church Website Should Have
- Doug Fields, The Youth Ministry Garage moves toward show #200
- John Alexander, Stay Focused On The Main Thing
- Mark Oestreicher, the parenting pendulum
- Mike Kupferer, Loners, Losers, and Wallflowers: A Response
- Paul Turner, Accepting Your Youth Ministry As They Are, Small and All
- Rachel Blom, Are you showing or telling your students?
- Tim Schmoyer, Free month of youth devotions for your students [Freebie Friday]
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.