flashback friday (sep. 10): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the interesting posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- The Two Most Important Elements of Student Discipleship
- Youth Ministry Essentials: Talking To Parents About Parenting
- The Best Practices of Healthy Youth Ministries
- The Beloit College Mindset List: A Fun Way of Seeing Gen Y
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Life In Student Ministry--Tim Schmoyer has been doing Freebie Fridays for a while. It's a great resource for youth workers. Today he is featuring an "event cost planning worksheet" from Flashback Friday regular, Luke Trouten.
- Adam McLane.com--This post garnered a lot of buzz on the interwebs. If you are a youth worker, consider reading it. Seems to have struck a nerve with quite a lot of folks.
- Youth Ministry.com--Another one of Doug and Matt's articles from Youthministry.com Daily. This one is a great article on helping your students win the battle against temptation.
- Volunteer Youth Ministry--Dennis Beckner begins a series on how leaders can be examples to students. The first one is a great post on how the language we use can affect students, and what to do when we mess up.
- Youthworker.com--Eric Segawa writes a short, clever post about not being intimidated by parents.
- Marathon Youth Ministry.com--Christopher Wesley posts a great (and short) article about best practices for engaging your volunteer workers. Love this post.
- Fuller Youth Institute--Dr. Kara Powell has an insightful post on the FYI blog on how to talk to teenagers. Great stuff.
- Welcome Backstage.com--Great post about the challenges of keeping up with youth culture.
- Jesus and Teenagers.com--Benjer McVeigh writes a great post about the balancing act of being a parent and being a youth minister.
- More Than Dodgeball.com--Great post by Josh Griffin putting a new twist on a common issue: turnover in youth ministry world.
- Youth Ministry Conversations.com--Bill Nance writes a great post on advice to new youth ministers.
- Radical Parenting.com--This is actually a post from a great parenting website. But I thought it spoke to how we as youth workers might help the students we work with cope with the stress of starting back to school.
That will do it, folks. As always, have a great weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.