One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- Planning A Large Youth Event: 3 Things I've Learned
- Youth Worker BOOST: Consumers or Producers?
- ym360 Trends and Culture Update (Oct 25)
- Creative Tips To Help Students Build Good Prayer Habits
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Ben Read--Love this post from Ben: "6 Things We Use Every Week In Student Ministry."
- Doug Franklin--"5 Skills Of A Leader." Short, sweet, to the point. Great stuff from Doug.
- GenToGenYM--This was my favorite post of the week. I LOVE this idea and I hope Matt and Steven keep it up. The idea is to follow a new small group leader along in his journey. (Bonus points that the small group leader just so happens to be a super awesome SWAT team leader.) I loved the observations shared here.
- Kolby Milton--Really good and practical post from Kolby. "5 Ways To Train Leaders Online." Useful stuff here.
- Leneita Fix--Really good post here where Leneita provides some video training and some follow up questions regarding unchurched parents. Good stuff.
- Merv Penner (via Doug Fields.com)--if you read one post on this list, read this one. "10 Steps For Maintaining Moral Boundaries."
- Tim Schmoyer--Tim passes along a free lesson from Mark Pittman that is a great fit for Halloween.
- Youth Ministry.com--I love when Kurt and Josh do these posts: "Frequently Asked Questions--Volume 2."
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.