flashback friday (oct. 22): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the interesting posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- Developing Spiritual Disciplines in Your Students: Bible Study
- Are You Thriving Or Surviving? 7 Tips For Becoming A Better Youth Worker
- T.M.I. In Your Youth Ministry?
- How Invested Are You REALLY?
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Youth Ministry.com--Doug and Matt write an article on building healthy relationships with your senior pastor. It's the first in a series. Worth reading.
- Marathon Youth Ministry.com--Chris writes a quick post on our approach to teaching a Bible Study lesson to students. A simple reminder of what our focus should be.
- Ron Edmonson.com--Not a youth ministry blog, but a super short post on signs of a healthy team. Great info. Really short.
- Youth Specialties.com--A post linking to some pretty helpful social media guidelines for your leaders.
- Called To Youth Ministry.com--Nathan posts the opening video of NYMC. Great reminder of why we do what we do.
- YMTheology.com--John Byrne writes a great post entitled "When Creativity trumps Content." Read this . . . it's a good one.
- Volunteer Youth Ministry.com--Dennis writes some good thoughts on his meetings with his students' parents. Good info.
- The Resurgence.com--Not a youth ministry blog post, but one you should read. It's about some steps you can take to introduce the idea of rest into your ministry and to keep from burning out.
- Rethinking Youth Ministry.com--Rethink is a website I draw a lot of good info from. This post is sort of a collection of their content, a great way to access a lot of the content they offer. Great for bookmarking.
- More Than Dodgeball.com--This is a great post on Josh's thoughts from a meeting with his small group leaders. Take the time to read this post entitled, "Common Sense for Small Group Leaders."
- Love God, Love Students.com--Matt writes a great post on how to write small group questions. Good read.
- Jay Higham.com--Jay writes one of those posts we can all relate to. A personal story called "The Highs and Lows of Youth Ministry."
- Doug Franklin.com--This is worth your time to read. Doug, a long-time leader in training students to be leaders in ministry, has some changing thoughts on exactly the best way this should be accomplished. Really good stuff here from Doug.
- Curry Stew.com--This probably falls into the Trends and Culture category. DC posts a story on teenage drinking and driving. This is great stuff; if I were you, I would pass it along to my parents, as a way of equipping them.
That will do it, folks. As always, have a great weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.