Flashback Friday (Oct. 12): This Week's Links From The Youth Ministry Blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry.
Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of some of the awesome posts from the past week across youth ministry blogs. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- Your Students' View Of The Bible Starts With You by Andy Blanks
- Youth Worker BOOST: A Brief Journey by Richard Parker
- Dangerous Thoughts On Leadership by Jerry Varner
- Youth Worker Sound Off: How Do You Help Students WANT To Grow? by Andy Blanks
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
Fav Read Of The Week:
- Dramatic Increase in Religiously Unaffiliated as Protestants Lose Majority Status by Melissa Steffan. Important snapshot of the current state of the religiously unaffiliated in the US. But, it's not all gloom-and-doom. The stats reflect plenty of opportunity for us, the Body, to make a difference where maybe the Institutional Church has missed. Worth a read for sure.
The Rest Of The Best:
- Adam Mclane, 5 tips for engaging students on a Sunday morning
- Austin McCann, 4 Things Your Volunteers MUST Love
- Brian Berry, How To Build Youth Group Risers
- Brian Ford, Jesus Gives Rest. Will You Take It?
- Gavin Richardson, the Chalkboard Wall
- Kurt Johnston and Josh Griffin, 3 Audiences For Each Message
- Paul Martin, Keep Running
- Tim Schmoyer, Family ministry in the church starts in my home [video]
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.