flashback friday (oct. 1): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the interesting posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- FREE DEVOTIONS! 3 Free Devotions for students entitled, "The New Heart: Living Bold Lives For Christ."
- The Blind Spot In Your Youth Ministry
- Knowing Your Students: Tips on Signing In and Following Up
- Baseball and Developing Leaders In Your Youth Group
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Life In Student Ministry.com--Tim Schmoyer writes a great post (and links to a podcast) about useful technology tools we use in youth ministry.
- Youth Ministry.com--Great article by Kevin Mahaffy, Jr. entitled "The 11 Steps to Successful Small Groups." Great read.
- Marathon Youth Ministry.com--Chris Wesley asks the question, "Are You Praying With Your Team?"
- Life In The Middle.com--This is a very short, but very important reminder to praise the successes on our ministries instead of always focusing on fixing the problems.
- Fuller Youth Institute--Dr. Kara Powell writes about what intergenerational ministry looks like in action. Short and sweet post.
- Doug Franklin Online.com--As always, a simple and short (but strong) post on "Leading Up."
- Catholic Youth Ministry Blog.com--A summary of Kendra Creasy Dean's second chapter of her book, "Almost Christian." Thought provoking. A quick read.
- Rethinking Youth Ministry.com--Interesting and thought provoking post about celebrating World Communion Day with your youth group.
- Jesus and Teenagers.com--Benjer McVeigh started a series this week, entitled "Five Truths of Youth Ministry." Read the whole series, if you want. But I particularly liked this one.
- Chasing Daylight.com--A really interesting post from Danny Bowers about his interactions with a teenager processing through the big questions of faith and belief.
- Everyone's Called To Youth Ministry.com--Darren Sutton is a contributor to the ym360 Blog. He's going to ruffle some feathers with this post, but sometimes that's a good thing. While I don't agree with every point Darren makes, he raises some really important questions.
That will do it, folks. As always, have a great weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.