One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- Youth Worker Sound Off: What Do You Do For Graduating Seniors?
- Youth Worker BOOST: Why Is Life Unfair?
- ym360 Trends and Culture Update (May 3)
- Teenagers And Tornadoes
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- The Disciple Project--Our friend and ym360 Contributor Paul Turner is a youth pastor in one of the communities hit hardest by the devastating tornadoes last week in Alabama. If you're interested in devoting some of you and your students' time this summer to help be a part of rebuilding and redeeming a community, check out Paul's new endeavor mentioned here.
- Communicating Clear[er]--Sam Burke writes a series of great posts on what he calls "A Theology of Discipline In Student Ministry." These are exceptionally well thought out and practical posts about how to approach disciplining students. I have linked to the third post, but you can easily access the first two. Well worth your time.
- Curry Stew--I don't know anything about this photo or the story behind it, but it occurs to me that it is a snapshot of the goal of youth ministry: to see students actively living out their faith. Great photo.
- Doug Franklin--Love this post by Doug. Short and sweet: "3 Keys to Pre-trip Training for Mission Trips."
- Jesus and Teenagers--This is a great post from Benjer. I could not agree more, and would love to see the church become more effective at working together.
- Marathon Youth Ministry--Friend and ym360 Contributor Chris Wesley writes a great (and short) post entitled "3 Tips to Overcome The Awkwardness Between You And Your Youth Pastor."
- Small Church Youth Ministry--I like the heart of this short but pointed post by Stephanie. The title speaks for itself: "PLEASE tell me ur youth is not meeting Mother's Day!"
- Youth Leaders Academy--Love this post by Rachel: "Keeping Your Audience's Attention: 8 Things You Can Do In Advance." Super practical and informative!
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.