flashback friday (may 27): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- What To Do When Students Don't Meet Their Potential
- Taking Off The Training Wheels
- Youth Worker BOOST: Caring About Your Students
- 5 "Best Practices" For Maximizing Our Impact On Students' Parents
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Adam McLane--Love this simple, short post from Adam: "5 Ways To Get Change Moving." Title pretty much says it all!
- At The Garage--John Alexander writes one of those posts that we don't necessarily like to hear, but that is absolutely true: it's time to start thinking about next year's ministry calendar.
- Doug Franklin--Another practical post from Doug: "3 Secrets of an Intentional Mission Trip." You can take to the bank whatever Doug and the team from Leader Treks says about mission trips. They do them as well as anyone.
- Generation to Generation Youth Ministry--Matt Reynolds writes a great post about what to do when you don't think you are getting through to a particular student.
- Jeremy Isaacs--This is a great post! Encouraging, tells a good story, and a great message. Worth a couple minutes to read.
- Love God, Love Students--Matt McGill is one of my favorite people in youth ministry. I love this blog post that describes a really cool creative prayer night they did at his church. It sounds like an awesome gathering. Check it out and consider doing something similar.
- Marathon Youth Ministry--Chris Wesley writes a thought provoking post, "Are You A Bitter Youth Minister? 3 Ways To Check." Great points. A short, and insightful read, as always.
- Nikomas--Summer is its own animal in terms of youth ministry. Nikomas gives some great suggestions for "Mixing Up The Summer."
- Rethinking Youth Ministry--This is another really awesome post on youth ministry in the summer. It's a different take, but exactly the kind of insightful, challenging post from Brian and Rethink. It's entitled, "What's Wrong with A Busy Youth Ministry Summer?"
- Small Town Student Ministry--I love this post, and again, the title says it all: "10 Things I Refuse To Do In Youth Ministry." Nice post by Ben.
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.