flashback friday (march 9): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry.
Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- Church Politics And Youth Ministry
- Snapshots From “The 7 Best Practices For Teaching Teenagers The Bible,” Part 2
- Youth Worker Sound Off: Is Your Senior Pastor Discipling You?
- The 4 Characteristics of Biblical Discipleship
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Amber Bolton, “Four Simple Ways to be a Great Youth Minister”—Great guest post by Amber on Youth Ministry Media. Worth the read.
- Ben Birdsong, “Book Review: The 7 Best Practices for Teaching Teenagers the Bible”—Ben writes a gracious review of our newest resource, “The 7 Best Practices For Teaching Teenagers The Bible.” You can learn more about the book by clicking here.
- Benjer McVeigh, “A YouTube Phenomenon: Teens ask, ”Am I ugly or pretty?"—As the father of three girls, this trend destroys me. Ugh. Benjer does a good job of highlighting it and helping unpack it.
- Chris Wesley, "Get Them Through Their First Year With Success,"--Great post from Chris. Points out some often overlooked factors that contribute to our volunteers struggling to get out of the gate. Good read.
- Darren Sutton, "Don't Throw In The Towel"—A message from Darren to anyone ou there who is thinking about quitting.
- Doug Franklin, “Free Lesson For Lent”—You'll have to part with a little info to get it, but it's a great resource.
- Jeremy Zach, "The 1 Danger of Relational Youth Ministry"—This is important advice from Jeremy. Well stated.
- Josh Griffin, “Footprints Parody Video from SYMC”—This is a video from SMYC. For whatever reason, it got me. I laugh every time I see it. Hope you enjoy.
- Jordan Easley, “5 Ways to be more Frugal in Ministry”—Writing on youthmin.org, Jordan passes along some useful tips.
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.