flashback friday (march 2): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry.
Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
This week's posts from the ym360 Blog
- The Amazing Gains From Volunteering At Your Community's Schools
- Youth Worker BOOST: Living Your Teaching
- Snapshots From “The 7 Best Practices For Teaching Teenagers The Bible,” Part 1
- Youth Ministry Essentials: A Definition of Biblical Community
Posts From Other Awesome People
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Benjer McVeigh, “Free Youth Ministry Resources”—Loved Benjer's take here. Clever.
- Brian Berry, “THE LINGER FACTOR”—Great thoughts from Brian. Do you linger enough?
- Doug Fields, “10 Reasons Training Is Good”—Good thoughts from Doug on why “get away” training is solid advice for your youth ministry.
- Gregg Farah, “5 Mistakes Every Youth Worker Makes and How to Avoid Them (part 2)”—The second part of a great series of posts from Gregg.
- Jeremy Smith, “Communicating Your Ministry With Adults”—Questions for helping you think about how you interact with the adults in your youth ministry.
- Josh Griffin, “Parenting the Spiritually Orphaned”—A pretty cool story and some great tips from Josh on parenting and pastoring the fatherless, motherless, or the spiritually bankrupt.
- Jordan Easley, “10 Things that will make you a Sorry Youth Pastor”—Love this list. Good stuff.
- Matt and Steven, “Taking The Temperature Of Your Small Group”—This is great advice from the guys on Gen to Gen YM.
- Phil Bell, “5 Reasons I am Looking Forward To The Simply Youth Ministry Conference”—As we kick off SYMC today, thought this post from Phil was timely.
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.