flashback friday (june 22): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry.
Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of some of the awesome posts from the past week across youth ministry blogs. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- Preparing For The Next Year, by Jeremy Smith
- Youth Worker BOOST: The Rule Keepers, by Richard Parker
- A Sneak-Peek of the NEW ym360.com!
- Fourth Of July FREEBIE From Our Friends At LeaderTreks
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
Fav Read Of The Week:
The Youth Ministry Wire iPad App, by Josh Griffin: This is our fav post of the week for good reason. Josh is letting the lid off a really cool new resource we are super-pumped to be a part of. The Youth Ministry Wire is an awesome iPad app from Simply Youth Ministry that aggregates a dozen or so daily youth ministry blogs in one slick, intuitive interface. The ym360 Blog is one of the blogs that will be featured each day in to the app. Oh, and did I mention it's FREE? Head over to the iTunes store or the App store on your iPad and download this puppy. You're going to love it!
The Rest Of The Best:
- Facebook is for Stories; Your Church Website is for Everything Else, by Bryan Young
- How to Lose (and Gain) Influence as a Parent, by Carey Nieuwhof
- Making Volunteers Feel Valuable, by Doug Franklin
- Social Media In The Summer, by Jeremy Smith
- Cheating Infographic, by Josh Griffin
- Leading a Small Group: Work Backwards, by Josh Tandy
- How to Impact Teenagers at Camps and Conferences This Summer, by Kara Powell
- Freebie Friday: The Personal Life of a Youth Pastor eBook, by Kolby Milton
- Youth Ministry Realities: When You Can’t Do It All, by Phil Bell
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.