flashback friday (june 15): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry.
Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of some of the awesome posts from the past week across youth ministry blogs. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- When Youth Ministry Stopped Innovating, link to a post by Thom Schultz
- Youth Worker BOOST: The “Wow!” Moment by Richard Parker
- Youth Ministry Essentials: Balancing The Demands Of Ministry And Family by Chris Wesley
- Youth Ministry Essentials: 5 Truths About Bible Study Curriculum by Andy Blanks
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
Fav Read Of The Week:
Welcome to HSM! Letter to Parents of Incoming Freshman, by Josh Griffin: One of the best things about Josh's blog, More Than Dodgeball, is that he so freely shares his (and other folks') ideas and resources. This is a simple post, but I thought it might be a helpful starting place for those of you who may not be in the habit of sending this type of letter to incoming freshmen's parents. Tweak it. Make it your own. Or use pretty much as is.
The Rest Of The Best:
- Are Millennials Actually Doubting God More?, by Brad Griffin
- How To Recruit Quality Volunteers, by Chris Wesley
- Small actions net BIG results in youth ministry, by Doug Fields
- Conflict Resolution: Solving the real problem, by Doug Franklin
- Hard Conversations, by Emily Meredith
- Three Things You Should Tell Your Graduates, by Jay Higham
- 8 reasons why students stop showing up, by Ken McIntyre
- 31 days to build a better youth ministry, by Kolby Milton
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.