One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- Loving Students In Spite Of Difficult Behaviors
- Youth Worker BOOST: Celebrating "Behind The Scenes" Students
- Do Students' Experiences Shape Their Theology? Or Vice Versa?
- Expecting More Faith Ownership From Our Students
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Andy Disher--The great Andy Disher passes along an awesome app he found that helps him organize his rolls. Check it out.
- Junior High Ministry.com--Scott Rubin passes along a really funny, and touching letter a 6th grader wrote to himself expressing his thoughts about transitioning into 7th grade. I agree with Scott. It's insightful.
- MarkO--This is not specifically a youth ministry post, but it made me smile! It is a remarkably hilarious story about a teenager and a dad.
- Orange Leaders--Not a youth ministry post, per se. But an interesting list of some key leader's "books to read" list.
- Terrace Crawford--I love it when Terrace writes "list" posts. They're dead on. Here's a post from him entitled "10 Ways To Get Teens To Own The Youth Ministry."
- Volunteer Youth Ministry--Dennis Beckner writes a thoughtful and short post about when and how to respond emotionally, or even angrily to students.
- XPosed 2 Jesus--Another "summer youth ministry" post, this one with a different slant. John Curiale writes on X2J about "summertime apathy."
- Youth Leaders Academy--Rachel Blom writes a post you need to read if you lead anyone. It's a post with some "how to's" for giving good feedback.
- Youth Ministry Conversations--Loved this post by our buddy Bill Nance. Bill writes a thoughtful post entitled, "The Rhythm of Ministry in the Summer."
- Youth Specialties--A great post by Brooklyn Lindsey entitled "5 Signs of Maturity in Ministry."
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.