One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- A Free Gift For The AWESOME Youth Workers Of The World
- Youth Worker BOOST: I Am Weak But He Is Strong
- A Youth Worker's Story
- ym360 Trends and Culture Update (July 18)
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Chris Wesley--The title of Chris' post speaks for itself: "How To Really Enjoy Vacation: Something All Youth Ministers Should Do." I agree.
- Doug Franklin--I love this post entitled "Leading the Unhappy." Just great wisdom from Doug, here.
- Greg Stier--While not specifically a youth ministry post, this post by Greg Stier was as moving as any you'll read. It's about an encounter with a prostitute turned flight attendant. Yeah. Told you it was awesome.
- Jay Higham--Jay is one of my favorite youth pastors, and a friend. He writes a post that just about everyone can relate to, entitled "The Fear That Holds Us Back." Great stuff here from Jay!
- Jeremy Zach--Thought this post entitled "Top Ten Theological Questions Teens Ask: If I Cannot Stop Sinning, Why Do I Need To Stop? (#1)" by Jeremy was really good. Thought provoking stuff, dealt with really expertly.
- Kurt Johnston--Valuable stuff here from juniorhighministry.com. Kurt writes an awesome post entitled, "Three Simple Ways To Win The Support Of Your Senior Pastor."
- Marko--Gosh, these cracked me up: "Overheard At Junior High Camp."
- Paul Turner--Paul has been nailing it lately. I loved this post, entitled "Good Youth Ministry Begins With Asking Why." I agree!
- Tim Schmoyer--Our friend Tim is doing something really cool on Life In Student Ministry. He is giving away a FREE youth ministry website to one lucky youth ministry. Check out all the deets here; it seems really cool!
- Youth Ministry Geek.com--I thought it was only fitting to post the weirdest "youth ministry" post I saw this week. Weird in a good way, I guess . . . :)
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.