Flashback Friday (July 20): This Week's Links From The Youth Ministry Blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry.
Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of some of the awesome posts from the past week across youth ministry blogs. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- My Youth Ministry Bucket List by Richard Parker
- Youth Worker BOOST: The Locators by Richard Parker
- The Top 4 Youth Ministry Games From Life In Student Ministry by Andy Blanks
- Is It Bullying Or Something Else? by Chris Wesley
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
Fav Read Of The Week:
- 5 Ways to Foster Great Communication with Your Team by Chris LoCurto: This isn't a youth ministry post, but it is extremely applicable to anyone who leads or works on a team. It's a guest post from Michael Hyatt's blog. I found the points LoCurto makes here to be extremely insightful, easily applicable, and best of all, short and easy to digest. Check it out. I think you'll benefit from his points.
The Rest Of The Best:
- Carolyn Brown, Childhood v. Adulthood: Why Robert Epstein Says We Infantilize Our Youth
- Doug Franklin, Finishing Strong in Youth Ministry
- Heather Leith, Reflections from a Summer Intern
- Josh Tandy, Leading a Small Group: Curriculum
- Kara Powell, Donât listen to your kids when they tell you to leave them alone.
- Matt McGill, What Not To Do When You Are Criticized
- Rachel Blom, Topics For Youth Sermons: God Keeps His Promises
- Terrace Crawford, Calling All Youth Workers!
- Ted Lowe, Marriage Ministry Meets Youth Ministry
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.