flashback friday (july 13): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry.
Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of some of the awesome posts from the past week across youth ministry blogs. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- ym360 Trends And Culture Update (July 12) by Andy Blanks
- Youth Worker BOOST: Today by Richard Parker
- What An Orthodontist Reminded Me About Youth Ministry by Andy Blanks
- Youth Ministry Essentials: New Youth Workers Biggest Mistake by Ben Kerns
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
Fav Read Of The Week:
- Raising Your Kids In Youth Ministry, #1 by Josh Griffin: Josh is hands-down one of my favorite youth ministry voices. More than that, he's a really good dude. I saw the title of this post and found myself, on a personal level, really wanting to hear what Josh had to say. I like the way Josh talks about stages of ministry and children. It's such an important issue. I'd suggest you take a moment to check this out, and to check out the follow up by Kurt. Good stuff.
The Rest Of The Best:
- Brad M. Griffin, “Why Teenagers Sometimes Lose Their Beloved Phones”
Casey Graham, “Are You an Exhausted Leader?”
- Chris Ruddell, “Be Careful What You Tweet”
- Doug Fields, “Do you do background checks on volunteers?”
- Doug Franklin, “Connecting Parents with Parents”
- David R. Smith, “Face-to-Face on Facebook?”
- Leneita Fix, "5 Steps To Move Teenagers From Apathy To Service"
Matthew Springmann and Robbie Pruitt, “Your First Year in Youth Ministry”
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.