Flashback Friday (Jan. 6): This Week's Links From The Youth Ministry Blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry.
Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
This week's posts from the ym360 Blog
- 5 Areas Of Focus For NEW (And Not-So-New) Youth Ministers
- Youth Worker BOOST: Presence
- Youth Ministry Essentials: The "Perfect Age" Minister
- Happy New Year from youthministry360!
Posts From Other Awesome People
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Benjamin Kerns, "If You Aim For Nothing, You Will Hit It Every Time": Love this post on the importance of evaluation heading into the new year.
- Benjer McVeigh, "Dear Youth Pastor": Oh, boy, this is clever. I love this idea and can't wait for more of these.
- Chris Wesley, "Why Everyone Needs a Whiteboard": I love this post so much. Who knew Chris and I shared a love of whiteboards. Good stuff.
- Doug Fields, "7 Steps For Do-It-Yourself Surgery": If you didn't get a chance to read this on Doug's blog this week, I would advise you to. It grabbed my attention, for sure.
- Doug Franklin, "Youth Ministry Leaders": Great post by Doug who gives 5 reasons we don't spend time developing our leadership skills. This is a convicting post, which is a good thing!
- Fuller Youth Institute, "FYI E-Journal": If you follow us regularly, you know what a valuable resource we think FYI's Blog is. This is a link to their E-Journal, a resource I would recommend to all youth workers.
- Lars Rood, "Winter: The Toughest Season In Youth Ministry": A very timely and well-written post by Lars.
- Phil Bell, "3 Healthy Ways To Start Your New Year In Ministry: Part 3": This is a great post from Phil. Really important message.
- Robbie Mackenzie, "Fringe Kids: How Much Is Too Much?": Robbie asks a very thought provoking question. I'm sure he'd love your feedback.
- Youth Specialties, "Video of the Week: 2011 Told Through Twitter--Year In Review": Really cool way of looking at the highlights of 2011.
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.