One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry.
Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- ym360 Trends and Culture Update (Jan 12)
- Youth Worker BOOST: Fault Finders
- Fun With The Future: Predicting Change In Youth Ministry
- Youth Ministry Essentials: Creating Connections Is Easier Than You Think
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Benjer McVeigh, "How To Alienate And Burn Out A Pastor's Spouse": Benjer has been on a roll lately. This post is great!
- Brad House, "Taking Our Groups Off Life Support": Short and powerful post (the best kind) on reviving our small groups.
- Chris Wesley, "Get Stronger With Your Weaknesses": Simple yet effective post from Chris. Worth a read for sure.
- Doug Franklin, "Leadership Pride": Love this from Doug on how to help students who are leaders overcome the tendency to be prideful in their role.
- Fuller Youth Institute, "Don't Talk Back": FYI evaluates recent research on how students who talk back to parents may have an advantage in dealing with peer pressure.
- Jeremy Smith, "Letting Volunteers Teach You": I liked both the message and the personalization of this post. Such an important point.
- Jeremy Zach, "New Beginnings: Thoughts On Starting A Youth Group From Scratch": This post is full of solid advice for new youth pastors, or experienced youth pastors looking to re-evaluate their strategy.
- Joy Bowen, "How You Can Use January To Ramp Up For The Fall": Loved this practical post.
- Phil Bell, "The Long Term View . . . Self Feeders (Revisited)": I know Phil and know that he is so passionate about this concept. He keeps refining his thoughts. Worth a read, for sure.
- 78 Productions, "Youth Ministry Games: Inside Games," and "Youth Ministry Games: Outside Games": Youth workers are always looking for fresh game ideas. 78 Productions has passed along some great ones here.
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.