flashback friday (feb. 4): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the interesting posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- Relationships Rule: A New Study Examining Teenager's Role Models
- ym360 Trends and Culture Update (Feb. 2)
- How Do You Define Success In Your Youth Ministry?
- Why There's No Room For Selfishness In Youth Ministry
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Marathon Youth Ministry.com--ym360 Contributor Chris Wesley writes a post we Tweeted out yesterday. Go and answer his poll: "Who would you choose?"
- Why Is Marko.com--We tweeted this post earlier in the week, but you simply must read it if you have not. It will take you 45 seconds and blow your mind. It is Kenda Dean's response to the question, "What is the future of youth ministry?" I have read these two paragraphs about 7 times already. Powerful words.
- Nikomas.com--Great, great post from Nikomas. "Is youth ministry a Job or a calling?"
- Terrace Crawford.com--Liked this list from Terrace: "10 Things Teenagers Need From Adults."
- Youth Ministry Stuff.com--Tim writes a short, meaningful reminder about the attitude we take toward our students.
- Jesus And Teenagers.com--Benjer McVeigh writes one of those super-practical posts you need to read if you have ever had questions about recruiting and screening volunteers.
- Doug Franklin Online.com--Great post by Doug entitled "Four Cries of a Student's Heart." Good stuff!
- Welcome Backstage.com--Noah Watt completes a really helpful series called the "5 C's of Communication." I have enjoyed these. A little long, but informative posts on being a better communicator.
- Junior High Ministry.com--I think these are VERY important thoughts from Kurt Johnston on the importance of recognizing the needs of students and not going too deep with our teaching because it's where WE are. Just a great, short reminder from Kurt. Good stuff.
- After The Music Stops.com--New friend and great youth minister Russell St. Bernard writes a short, punchy post about "calling audibles" in youth ministry.
- At The Garage.com--A great post by John Alexander on handling criticism in youth ministry.
That will do it, folks. As always, have a great weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.