flashback friday (aug. 6): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the interesting posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
This week's posts from the ym360 Blog
- Launching youthministry360
- Free Stuff! 5 Free Devotions on What It Means To Be Holy
- Impacting Your Community's Schools Through Your Youth Ministry
- Reaching Teenagers For Christ: youthmininstry360 and First Priority
Posts From Other Awesome People
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Youthworker.com—An article by Jarrod Suits on how to develop a missional heart in your students.
- Thoughts From A Youth Pastor—I love to see these types of stories: intentional fundraising; time spent in community; teaching teenagers . . . great post from Rick Barry.
- The Disciple Project—Great article by our friend and ym360 contributor, Paul Turner, about the foundation of your youth ministry. If you don't subscribe to Paul's blog you're missing out.
- YS.com—A funny story by Hank Hilliard with a good lesson.
- What I Have Learned Backstage—A really great word of encouragement for youth workers.
- Thoughts Of A Student Pastor—Really short post (my favorite kind!) on Near vs. Far Sighted Leadership.
- youthministry.com—An article by Doug and Matt about that one negative kid in the youth group.
- Marathon Youth Ministry—Christopher Wesley writes about the importance of continuing to learn as a youth worker. I couldn't agree more.
- Rethinking Youth Ministry—Some thoughts on starting a new youth ministry position from the guys at Rethink.
- More Than Dodgeball—More great stuff from Josh at the "Dodgeball" blog.This post is on keeping your senior pastor in the loop. This post is a very interesting one about how Josh only uses text to communicate with their students.
- Matt Cleaver.com—I'll let the article title speak for itself: "The Waning Rite of Passage: Driving." Matt raises some very interesting points here. Worth a read.
- REyouthpastor—Jeremy Zach has had a great series of interviews with youth workers, entitled "1 Thing." Jeremy asks the question, "What is 1 thing you would want youth workers to know?" This week's answer by Allison Murray caught my eye.
- Catholic Youth Ministry Blog—Great, great video (seriously . . . it's a killer video) about the need for adult volunteers in youth ministry.
As always . . . that will do it, folks. Have a great weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 Community.
Share your thoughts with the youthministry360 community:
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.