flashback friday (aug 5): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- ym360 Trends and Culture Update (Aug 4)
- Youth Worker BOOST: Worry
- "Live Books of the Bible" from ym360 and Simply Youth Ministry is LIVE!
- Youth Ministry Essentials: The Summer Wind-Down
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Adam McLane--Maybe my favorite post of the week. Adam's "Keep It Simple" post is, well, pretty simple. In a great way.
- Chris Wesley--Who can't relate to this? A great post by Chris entitled, "What To Do When Things Change Last Minute."
- Darren Sutton--This is seriously one of the most hilarious and horrifying stories I have ever heard. I wanted to crawl under my desk when I read it. Oh, man. What a story!
- Doug Fields--Great post by Doug on why so may leaders are frustrated. (I really loved the recollection of the convo he had with the senior pastor. It made me laugh.)
- Doug Franklin--I've said it before: Doug Franklin is one of the absolute best voices out there when it comes to student leadership (or leadership in general, for that matter). Doug and his team at Leader Treks just completed an awesome leadership resource in collaboration with Simply Youth Ministry, entitled "LIVE: Leadership." This post tells all about it and gives a Free sample. Worth a look for sure.
- Fuller Youth Institute--Cody Charland writes what was for me, the most thought provoking blog post I read all week. I urge you to read it and think about it's implications. I did!
- Kurt Johnston--Love this post on the good aspects of tension. Good stuff.
- Paul Martin--This is such a great post. Entitled, "Hiring Your Sr. Pastor," I would recommend it to every youth worker serving on a church staff.
- Terrace Crawford--Terrace passes along two excellent videos. Definitely worth a watch.
- Tim Schmoyer--Tim gives a glimpse into his student ministry's plan for the upcoming year. This kind of post is always helpful; maybe you can glean something that applies to your youth ministry.
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.